VIPRE: Antivirus & Antispyware
VIPRE is the end of antivirus as you know it.
Is your antivirus program slowing down your PC? Ditch your old antivirus software for high-performance, next-gen antivirus + antispyware that’s NOT a resource hog.
PC Magazine’s security expert Neil Rubenking gave VIPRE an excellent 4 STAR-REVIEW and said:
“As its name indicates, Sunbelt Software’s VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware is designed to handle all kinds of malicious software, and it does a very thorough job.”
Robert Vamosi’s CNET review of VIPRE said:
“7.8 out of 10: Very Good. VIPRE combines antivirus and antispyware technology in a fast and light application that also includes a worthy set of security tools.
The Editors at Download.com gave it even 5 STARS.
ZDNet said in their security blog:
“Sunbelt Software’s VIPRE – I’ve finally found an antivirus package that delivers the goods.
In a follow-up post they did a performance shoot-out and concluded:
“Sunbelt Software’s claim that VIPRE doesn’t hog system resources and doesn’t slow down a PC isn’t just marketing hyperbole but is actually true.”
VIPRE is now also on TV in the UK.
High-performance, next-generation antivirus + antispyware
VIPRE combines antivirus, antispyware, anti-rootkit, and other technologies into a seamless, tightly-integrated product. Built with next-generation technology, VIPRE (Virus Intrusion Protection Remediation Engine) gives you powerful antivirus and antispyware software in one, and protects you against today’s highly complex malware threats including viruses, adware, spyware, and rootkits without hogging your PC resources like many traditional antivirus products.
Cutting-edge Proactive Protection
Sunbelt’s advanced security technology is famous for being on the front line in the battle against new and unknown malware, known as ‘zero-day threats’.
- NEW! MX-Virtualization™ analyzes malware in real-time, in a secured memory “lock box” that emulates Windows. MX-V fools malware into thinking it has taken over your PC. MX-V allows VIPRE to observe how the malware behaves and kill it before it can harm your PC. MX-V technology is the safest way to protect against zero-day threats. IMPROVED VIPRE’s Genscan™ and Cobra™ heuristics use super efficient dynamic pattern assessment to determine if something is malware.
- IMPROVED VIPRE’s Active Protection™ delivers real time monitoring and protection against known and unknown malware threats. Active Protection works inside the Windows kernel (the core of the operating system), watching for malware and stopping it before it has a chance to execute on your system. (Other anti-malware products allow the malware to run on your computer to try and watch for bad behavior which is less safe).
Checkmark Anti-Virus Certified
VIPRE is Checkmark Anti-Virus Desktop certified by West Coast Labs and continues to get additional certifications through other certifying bodies.
Does not slow down your PC!
User surveys show the biggest frustration with existing antivirus solutions is bloat and high resource usage. VIPRE’s design is low on system resources and optimizes your overall PC user experience, keeping notification pop-ups and warnings to a minimum. Kiss your antivirus bloatware goodbye!
Full protection against email-borne threats
VIPRE includes comprehensive protection against email viruses, with direct support for Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail; and support for any email program that uses POP3 and SMTP.
Advantages of VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware
- High-performance threat protection with low impact on system resources
- Scans email for malware threats
- Cutting-edge Proactive Protection guards you 24/7
- Advanced anti-rootkit technologies
- Small, regular definition updates greatly reduce update downloading time
- VIPRE has three extra bonus tools: a history cleaner, a secure file eraser, and the PC Explorer for advanced users.
Find out how bad old-style antivirus resource usage really is
Old-style antivirus products have stacked layer upon layer of engines, and created bloatware in the process. They slow down your PC, have slow scan times and cause performance problems. See VIPRE’s low impact on system resources compared to the competition. Click the chart to the right to enlarge.
A single user annual subscription is $29.95. All annual subscriptions include one year of threat definition updates, software upgrades, and live US-based toll-free technical support.